What We Do – Pharmaceutical Marketing Strategy
We’re doing the work you know should be done but never have the time to do
Focus on the Level of Evidence
At Return on Focus, we apply the principles of evidence-based medicine to answer our Clients’ common business questions. Our ultimate goal is to eradicate the practice of marketing insanity – executing the same strategies and tactics over and over and expecting a new result.
If you want things to be different for your brand, you need a different approach.
We believe that pharmaceutical and biotechnology marketers have fundamental, strategic questions that require answers. Review our list of common client questions below and select the ones most relevant to your brand.
What’s on Your Mind?
- Which of my tactics are performing well?
- How can I optimize my tactical mix to increase return?
- How can I pinpoint and avoid suboptimal investments?
Level of Evidence (LOE) Appraisals
At the nucleus of our business model, the LOE is designed to help pharmaceutical marketers get more out of their marketing investments and maximize research previously conducted. ROF takes a “top-down” approach, starting with the examination of conventional wisdom at the foundational level and then drilling down to primary and secondary data sources to piece together the supporting evidence for the existing hypotheses/investments identified by the client. Our goal is to put the pharmaceutical marketer in a position to objectively assess the level of evidence behind key marketing and strategic decisions in order to establish a strong foundation to drive brand growth.
Sample LOE Analyses
- Investment-Based LOE
- Utilized to objectively evaluate the impact of up to 6 core pharmaceutical brand investments. Includes a detailed action plan designed to improve brand spend.
- Hypothesis-Based LOE
- Utilized to objectively evaluate the evidence that supports up to 6 hypotheses related to a specific pharmaceutical brand issue (i.e., patient marketing, strategic imperatives)
- Is my professional brand strategy optimized?
- Could my brand benefit from a patient strategy?
- What should my strategy be to maximize brand adherence?
Strategic Framework Development
The approach to developing a Strategic Framework for your brand is anchored in our evidence-based marketing philosophy. The goal with each of these projects is to construct an objective, validated framework that the brand team can employ to remain consistently focused and judicious in the selection and implementation of patient marketing investments. ROF has provided strategic guidance and constructed roadmaps for our clients across a number of core brand points of influence, including market conditioning, HCPs, patients, and adherence.
Sample Strategic Frameworks
- Patient Strategic Framework
- Utilized to objectively evaluate the evidence that exists to support the various stages of the Consumer Purchase Decision-Making Process. Includes a detailed strategic map with magnetic patient strategies, tactical suggestions, and proposed metrics.
- Adherence Strategic Framework
- Utilized to objectively evaluate the evidence that supports up to 6 hypotheses related to brand adherence. Provides a deep understanding of the barriers impacting adherence with your brand and a detailed plan to maximize duration of therapy.
Positioning & Messaging
- Are the most compelling and differentiating messages about my brand being communicated to key target audiences?
- What can be done to shape perceptions of a brand in advance of launch?
- What can I do to reinvigorate my brand?
Communication Platform Genesis
Communication Platform Genesis is a process that establishes the optimal positioning and supportive message construct to serve as the foundation for a brand’s marketing initiatives and promotional efforts. The process allows brand teams for either on-market or pre-market products to secure a compelling and differentiated Communication Platform backed by the highest level of evidence available.
Sample Communications Offerings
- Pre-Launch Communication Platform Development
- Known as Brand Visioning, this process provides companies with compounds in development a means of creating a cohesive and consistent “story” for their brand well in advance of positioning generation or market entry. Allows marketers to determine a strategic direction for their product that can be used to drive clinical trial design, pre-marketing commercial activities, and even brand naming.
- On-Market Communication Platform Reinvigoration
- Designed to assist marketed brands in gaining focus, clarity, and differentiation in their positioning and messaging. Provides a critical option for approved brands desiring improved communication in the absence of new data.
Effectiveness & Benchmarking
- How can I attain some feedback on my brand’s perceptions and performance?
- What opportunities exist for my brand that I have not considered yet?
- How do I get a better sense of what’s going on with my brand competition and overall disease category?
Effectiveness & Benchmarking
ROF specializes in employing innovative evidence gathering and analysis techniques to improve marketing effectiveness and provide clients with categorical and competitive benchmarking. These efforts go beyond presenting general findings to provide deep insights that Clients can apply to improve their investments and more strongly differentiate themselves against market competitors.
Sample Effectiveness & Benchmark Analyses
- Sentiment Analysis
- Utilized to provide an intimate understanding of what people are saying about topics related to a given brand and/or its competing products in the social media space. Elevates traditional online discussion monitoring by overlaying strategic insights and marketing application that significantly improves the actionability of the findings.
- Competitive Landscape
- Provides a detailed assessment of the online patient resources, formal advocacy sites, and organic advocacy sites for the disease state’s patients and caregivers. Utilized to inform both the patient and advocacy strategies by addressing key questions with a ‘build, partner, or ignore’ lens. The analysis relies upon existing secondary research, ROF normative data, and publically-available tools/resources, where available.
Contact us to learn more about these or any of our additional services.Google+